a blog about my quilting life...mostly

a blog about my quilting life...mostly

Saturday, August 29, 2020

  Hello there, 

I am baaaack! These past few weeks have been a little crazy, with getting our older boys settled into their apartment near the university campus, and our younger one oriented for cyber school! But I am hoping that next week things will go back to normal...whatever form that will take this school year ;). 


our youngest all set up in his "classroom"

I will be our son's "learning coach" this year, so will need to spend time supervising classes and homework. Luckily his classroom is in a corner of my quiltroom so I have a  great excuse to spend lots and lots of time in there~ ha!

Another change this year is that I am changing from Wordpress to Blogger for my blogging needs. I of course hope that you will sign up and follow me via email on here, but you will have to sign up for that. It's a pain, I know, but I haven't been happy with Wordpress for a while now and they just rolled out some changes that I really find awful so now seemed like a good time to change. I will try and make the change-over as easy as possible and will inform you of anything you need to do, as soon as I figure it out, so please bear with me!

So, now for some quilty goodness! I haven't done a whole lot of creating lately ( and boy, do I miss it!), but I did finish 2 embroideries provided by the Love & Hugs from Australia group ( you can find a link to their FB page here). I am simultaneously doing their Christmas and their summer stitch along, and just picking and choosing the ones I like best. No plans for them yet, but in the meanwhile it is a nice, relaxing thing to do at night while watching TV. 


Aren't they so sweet?
I also made this little quilt top with a pattern that was provided in another FB group. The original pattern called for fall colors and sunflowers, but my scrap bin ( and my personal preference) dictated tulips and these colors...

This one is all sandwiched and ready for some machine appliqueing and hand quilting! Of course it has to wait patiently for its turn because there are other quilts also waiting for my undivided attention. Are your summers unproductive quilt-wise also? Or is it just me?

Well, this will be a short blog post this week. Please leave me a comment so that I know that feature is working, and if you see a sign up via email box, I hope you fill that out as well.

Until next time~happy creating!
Monique

19 comments:

  1. Hello friend, all looks great and works fine xxx skye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique! Your new blog post looks good. I'm all signed up to get your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monique! I initially got the response to you link that others got saying that the page didn't exist. When I tried to post a comment to let you know, I was asked for my password to Wordpress and after putting it in, I was brought to this page. Hope that information is helpful to fixing all of your glitches as you transfer location. Tech can be so frustrating sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for letting me know. I will have to go and see what is happening....

      Delete
  4. I like your idea of doing what you like without an actual plan for how you will use it. I so often get hung up on needing a plan before I get started. I'm going to try to incorporate your philosophy into my thinking. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear from you and glad you are up and running. It brightens my day to look at your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monique, this summer I have been unproductive quiltwise and everything else!! Just so much going on in the world. These sure are crazy times. You’re 2 little embroidery blocks are so cute and I did click over to their Facebook page to join the group. I did start a little bag that has embroidery on it and it really is relaxing while hanging out with the husband while He’s watching tv.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little tulip quilt, it is adorable! The embroideries are also so cute. Yep, time for school, your learning coach duties will be easier since your are both in your quilt room. My little GD starts Kindergarten next week but she will be going to school so hopefully it all works well. We gotta do what we gotta do for now. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quilt and the colors are perfect. Love the pattern. Was able to reach you using the link by your name in the email. Could not using the link you sent us to ... I'm a "google" emailer ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monique, All works on my end & read just fine! I must say the blue quilt is just mah-vah-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very much enjoy your blogs. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my dear, I didnt have any problems with either the hyperlink or the email subscription. Good luck with the homeschooling and love your quilt. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought the blog was not working, but when I clicked on the light green screen your son appeared! I think people "think" the screen is not working because there is no date or picture when first coming on the site. Good luck with this format.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!