a blog about my quilting life...mostly

a blog about my quilting life...mostly

Friday, October 23, 2020

Some new additions to the quilt room.....( where, oh where am I going to put them??)

 ( please click title to view post in your browser)


Hello friends, 

Many of you know that I am a bit book-obsessed. I am especially fond of quilt books, as witnessed by my groaning bookcases! I just can't help myself.....

You'd think that with this extensive collection I wouldn't need any more books....but you would be wrong! I always find more books to add to my collection. These days I'm not looking so much for simple pattern books( although there are some designers whose books I MUST own), but more for technique books. There is always more to learn!

This is one of the new books that I just picked up recently.  

                                                        Click here for the link

I follow Helen Philipps on Instagram and love her style! Her quilts are simple and straightforward and really exude English cottage style to me. So when I found out she had a new book coming out, I put an order in immediately!   It contains all kinds of wonderful projects and I am having a hard time deciding what to make first! Right now it's a toss up between the beehive quilt and the little ditty bag! 




I also bought this book ( all the way from England I might add!) and it has the coolest cover~ it is actually fabric!  


I don't remember how I stumbled across this book, but the topic of combining various textiles, such as old pieces of quilts, with embroidery is so very fascinating to me, as well as using old pieces as a collage base, and the end results are gorgeous ( and ofcourse one of a kind!).  



This is one of those books that I will read and reread endlessly because there will always be something new to notice! This book ties in somewhat with my fascination with "inchies", little teeny quilted works, a topic on which I still owe you  blog post.( Yes, I have not forgotten!). If you would like to check out this book, here is a link for you.

I also took advantage of a great book sale recently and picked up these fun finds....can you tell I am really enjoying embroidery projects? I just love combining quilting and embroidering! 

These books all came from c&t publishing and you can find them at this link.

How about you? Are you book-obsessed? Which book(s) do you own that you think everyone should have in their collection? Let me know in the comments! 

And by the way, the sign-up link to follow my blog is now active and working, so if you would like to receive my blog posts in your email inbox about once a week or so, please make sure to sign up (you can find the box on the right-hand side of the page!)

Well, I'm off to read...or start a new quilt...hahahahah.

Until next time~happy creating!

Monique

13 comments:

  1. I love quilt books as well but every few years I purge so I can add a few new titles . I recently took advantage of the Martingale $8. Sale and ordered a few new titles can’t wait until they arrive . They also came as digital downloads which is very handy to print and it trace patterns but I have not downloaded them yet because I want the experience of the book in my hand first, isn’t that crazy? Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand! I don't imagine ever liking a digital version as much as the real deal ;). Enjoy your new books!

      Delete
  2. I'm also a quilt book "junkie". Love thinking that I have time to make each and every quilt I fall in love with in my books. I love easy quilts for the grand-daughters and Project Linus, but prefer more complicated quilts for my own personal stash. Periodically I do sell off some of them and use that money to buy more. It's a never ending circle! Oh, and my husband says I'm keeping the post office in business single handed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, well, good for you to keep the economy going I say ;). And I like the idea of selling a quilt to have money to buy more supplies!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog posts. I went over to your amazon link and ordered my copy of Textiles Reformed too1 Thank You for your inspiration! Happy Reading and Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlynne, and I hope you love the book too!

      Delete
  4. So many lovely books, enjoy reading and using them. At the moment I am just doing little embroideries, no plans for them, just need to keep my mind occupied. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is always a good idea to keep the mind occupied with crafty items xx

      Delete
  5. I bought the Hedgerow Sewing Suite! How can you have too many books! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am book obsessed too! I enjoyed seeing your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah, yes, I know you are! Hey, congrats on your quilt being chosen...that is so awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to get Helen Phillips blog, but somehow lost it. Do you know where to find it? Thank you .
    hulsey.momdad7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!