a blog about my quilting life...mostly

a blog about my quilting life...mostly

Saturday, November 11, 2023

'tis the season...to start making!

 Hello friends, 

Even though it is still early November, us makers need a little bit more time to get organized for the holiday season. So today I thought I would share these cute holiday gifts and ideas so that you may start working away on them at your leisure and be ready in plenty of time to relax and enjoy the holidays :).


Please note that some of these ideas/patterns/gifts are FREE and others are paid, and also know that I am an affiliate with some of these companies and I will receive a small stipend if you decide to purchase through one of my links ( the money I receive goes right back into Farmhouse Quilts in the form of giveaways AND providing free content for you here on the blog and in the Facebook group~ thanks so much for your support!).

Alright, here we go!

Up first are these adorable felt ornaments! These would look cute tied on a present as well as hanging in a tree, don't you think? You can find the turorial right here (click).


This Christmas garland is so cute, and would be so simple to make using the Accuquilt Pennants die( click). Not only does the die makes this half oval shape, it also does triangles and pennants!



If you have some wool or fleece lying around, it would be pretty easy to make one of these giant pillows! Use a big sheet of newsprint, fold it in half and draw a half tree shape, cut out, pin to 2 layers of fabric, sew around pattern, cut out, stuff, and sew closed!



I think this is such a fun idea: Make a small quilt  block, attach a pretty ribbon, and you have a perfect little tree ornament! Wouldn't it be fun to have a themed quilting TREE, filled with all kinds of little quilt blocks?? 


If you would like a nice collection of various holiday projects, I want to draw your attention to this publication ( click) It contains all sorts of projects, and you can choose the time AND skill level that best fits you! You can choose to order a print or a downloadable version, which is handy if you want to start making right away! 
 


For those of you who enjoy embroidery, I am highly recommending this book by Gail Pan( click). It is filled with adorable embroideries and projects and you are sure to find some fun new ideas!




For those of you would like to make some items for your homes that can hang around for longer than December, I thought you might like this emboidery book by Robin Kingsley! It features adorable snowmen and a nice variety of projects as well. You can click here for the link ( click).



If you need or would like to add a new tree skirt this year, I found this video with free pattern that you can use! She makes it seem pretty easy, and the end result is gorgeous! Click here for that video:


If you are in need of some fabric to make some of these projects, Annie's is having some great fabric bundle sales! You can check those out in this link here ( click).



And finally, no holidays are complete without some fun recipes and ideas, so I want to share my personal  Pinterest board dedicated to recipes...recipes for food, but you will also find some candle and soap recipes, because you might just *need* to make some of those too, right?


There you have it! I hope you find some fun and new ideas in my list that you want to try out. Do let me know in the comments which one(s) are catching your eye already!
As always~happy creating~ and we will talk again soon!
Monique







12 comments:

  1. Love all your ideas. I have made those felt ornaments a few years ago for the younger grandkids, also I made a pendant garland...love the big pillow idea. I think I have the redworkl Christmas book and the snowman one. Love these. Thank you for sharing ideas and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found a few ideas you liked, Trena!

      Delete
  2. Thank you!🙂 I think I am going to make the tree pillow. But you could make bells, balls, snowmen. And your tree is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun ideas to get us all in the Christmas sewing mood! I made 25 little quilt block ornaments with 30's fabrics for table favors for my quilt guild Christmas party several years ago. I used mini rick rack for the hangers. The guest speaker featured her collection of feed sacks. It was impressive. When I made some for my own kitchen Christmas tree, I found some mini kitchen utensils to hang on them. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great ideas!! ❤️🎅

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun ideas for the holidays! But I think we have to start in July to get everything done for the holidays, ha!
    The giant pillow is a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, of course...except I can't do it when it's too warm!

      Delete
  6. That snowman in cup of coco is cute!! Everything u posted is great , lots of ideas hard to pick

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!