a blog about my quilting life...mostly

a blog about my quilting life...mostly

Friday, May 3, 2024

Springtime at Farmhouse Quilts

Hello friends!

It has been a while, hasn't it?

I have to share a true story: A few weeks ago, I received an email from someone who follows my blog,  and she was concerned that her name might have been removed from my mailing list because she hadn't received any new blog notifications....I let her know that indeed her name was still on my list, but I simply had not written anything new in a long while... ***hangs head in shame***. So here I am with a brand new post!

I have been busy these past few months, not only with quilting, but also starting another new facebook group, and ofcourse family and home activities.


In addition to my Farmhouse Quilts and Friends facebook group ( click here to join!), I felt that facebook needed another group, this one dedicated to people learning and using the Accuquilt cutting system. Initially I thought it would be a small group, basically consisting of a few of  my Farmhouse members, but the group grew ( very rapidly, I might add!) into a big group that has more members than Farmhouse Quilts! Which tells me that there is a need for it :). The name of my group is Made With Accuquilt~ A Friendly Support Group, and if you would like to check it out you can do so by clicking this link ( click).

As you can imagine, finding interesting posts to share in both groups keeps me plenty busy, but I have found time to make ( or at least get started on) some fun new projects:

I joined a BOM making the Longwood Garden quilt by Emily Taylor. Every month I will receive a package with a pattern and fabric, and at the end of 10 months I should have a beautiful collage quilt. 

( photo via Collagequilter.com)

So far I have completed the tulip block and I am up to date ( Ha!),but I know the next block has shipped out so it will be exciting to find out what it is. I sincerely hope that the swan and peacock will be left until later, when I hopefully will feel much more confident about fabric choices and placement!

In just a few days I am hoping to receive the kit to start the Quilted Scarecrow by Lori Holt.
( image via Fat Quarter Shop)

 Isn't he the sweetest scarecrow you ever saw? I was lucky enough to be invited to sew along with Fat Quarter Shop, so you will see my blocks appear, along with other bloggers', in social media posts soon. And I am so glad that this one will also be a SLOW sewalong so that I can take my time making each and every block! If you would like to find out more information about the pattern ( there is a cross-stitch pattern as well!) you can check out this link ( click). And be sure to follow me on Instagram to see updates on my progress as well~ you can find me here: https://www.instagram.com/farmhousequilts/.

As I mentioned, I started a facebook group dedicated to Accuquilt experiences, so I have been giving my machines a good work out while trying new blocks and making videos to share in my group. The more I use my machine and dies, the more I love them! They just make everything so easy-peasy, from the speed of cutting needed fabric, to the ease of putting blocks together. And it sure is nice to be in with a group of like-minded people :D. Here are just a few of the blocks and projects I have been working on:
 













I also won a prize from Accuquilt for sharing an Earth Day friendly project using their products and with that money I quickly ordered the Boxed Bag dies and the Rag Circle die ( no burning a hole in this pocket, I tell you! :D). This was the project I shared on their page: 

I used the Queen of Hearts die ( click here for more info) and made these sweet hearts from an old cutter quilt. I also added some stamped words ( stamped on twill tape that comes wrapped around Fat Quarter bundles), and some found buttons. I have used these to attach to giftbags, but you could also add a little bit of lavender and use them to freshen up closets and drawers.

Well, friends, that is all the news for now. I must get back outside and plant some more flowers, because we are having the most incredible summery weather at the moment, and I don't know how long that is going to last! I hope to see you in one or both of my groups, or come say hello on Instagram!

Until next time~happy creating!
Monique






3 comments:

  1. Lots of good info Monique! I love all your projects and aspire to be as creative as you! Hugs…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think you are the one that inspires me with all your cute projects!

      Delete
  2. Lots of wonderful projects! The cat one made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!